Explorer: How To Label Clusters
When dealing with a large amount of data, clustering helps to break the data into meaningful categories. A useful next step is to label each category. Relevance AI provides you with the ability to:
- manually label clusters, also edit the labels
- automatically generate a label for each cluster via AI
This is possible on the Explorer dashboard and under the category/cluster view. So make sure a category/cluster view tab/page is setup with AI generated clusters.
Manually label clusters
Select an AI-generated clustering result on a category/cluster view tab/page. A table similar to the image below is shown on top.
There are a few ways to access manual labelling:
- Click on the bars on the overview table. A page will open including all the entries in the cluster. Click on the pencil icon on top to type in a label for the category.
- Scroll down on the page to reach the cluster whose label you wish to modify and click on the pencil icon on top of eac cluster card to type in a label for the category.
Under both above mentioned methods a small window will open which is similar to what is shown on the image below. Enter the desired label for the cluster and hit "confirm".
Note that the changes are reflected both on the tables on the top view, and down on the page when each cluster data is presented.
Auto labelling Clusters
Auto labelling clusters is when we use AI to label clusters based on the concepts presented in each one. The Explorer dashboard provides you with easy access to state-of-the-art AI models that generate labels for clusters used on your configured dashboard. Followings are the steps to take
- Manually label a few clusters (2 is the minimum recommended value). This is to guide the model on your preferred writing style.
- Note1: There is no need to start from the first cluster or continue labelling in order. Any clusters can be chosen for manual labelling.
- Manual labelling is an optional step
- Locate "Auto label AI categories" after the top section on the right side. This is to label all clusters at once.
When "Auto label AI categories" is clicked, a window will open on which you will select the field based on which the labelling must be done, this field is usually the same one used for clustering so best to continue with the default value. And click on the "AI auto label categories" button.
The process is rather quick, but the execution time varies depending on the number of clusters. When the task is finalised, all cluster ids will be replaced with AI-generated labels.
Note 1: Text generation is one of the most complex tasks in AI. Therefore, even under the state-of-the-art models, human modification as a post-processing step might be required.
Note 2: You can auto-label clusters individually . To do so follow the above-mentioned instruction for manual labelling but instead of typing in the label, click on "AI auto-label". The rest of the process is as what was explained above.
Updated about 16 hours ago